Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Half Way

For so long, reaching 20 weeks seemed like a dream ... I was certain that at that milestone, the stress and fear of pregnancy would start to melt away.  In large part, I am finding that dream to be coming true. I feel more comfortable each day with my ability to see this through and less scared that something beyond my control will compromise the health of my little one. 

For me, the reduction in stress has meant I feel more energized and less fragile. As a result, I have less trepidation about exercise.  This week, I have been running, swimming and even doing a little cycling.  On top of keeping my heart and muscles strong, I hope the exercise will help combat some of the negative body image that (against logic) seems inescapable as the weight piles on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment